UIndy students, faculty, staff, and alumni submit poetry under this category for our Etchings Literary and Fine Arts Magazine.
We use a blind submission process, and we appreciate your help with this process:
- Submit up to 5 poems (no greater than 10 pages each).
- Please submit a separate form for each poem (so, up to 5 forms/submissions for the poetry category--it's OK to only include your bio and writer's statement on only your first form).
- Please include only 1 poem in a file.
- Please do not include your name inside your file or as part of your file's name. Label your file with the submission title.
- When you upload your file, please use the file's name.
- Please include a bio (no more than 100 words) that you'd love to see published in our magazine! Here's a link to our last issue. For examples, check out the "Contributor Bios" at the back of the magazine (p. 83):
- We encourage you to to submit a writer's statement (no more than 100 words) for your piece as well. This option offers you an opportunity to put your piece into context. Here is a past statement:
Example Writer's Statement
"Hunger" [poem], by Natalie McCann: "I wrote 'Hunger' as my response to a new love and desire for the person's presence. I wrote this poem quickly as an attempt to create discourse that projects an honest and creative reaction to the human body. Love is often communicated through physical touch and I wanted to represent this feeling in a lovingly violent diction."